Go with the Premier Bankruptcy Lawyers in Kalamazoo, MI
Our lives are changed by many things in this world that are beyond our control. Divorce, job loss, job cutbacks, medical emergencies, and the loss of a spouse can change your world dramatically. These are things that were never planned or ever imagined. You now find yourself unable to maintain the expenses that were once manageable. Phone calls, threatening letters, lawsuits, and garnishments are now all that you see. There are options when you turn to bankruptcy lawyers in Kalamazoo, MI.
Sometimes bankruptcy is your best option for dealing with your debts. At Minka PLC, Law Office, our lawyer is well versed in bankruptcy law. We will consider and review your entire financial situation and the circumstances giving rise to your debts. When appropriate, we will recommend a bankruptcy filing or advise you on how to plan for a bankruptcy filing to maximize protection of your assets.
There are two basic types of bankruptcy available for individuals struggling under debt commonly referred to as Chapter 7 or 13 proceedings. At your free initial consultation, attorney Imants M. Minka will discuss your options with you and recommend the right chapter selection for your situation. Each individual’s financial circumstances are unique and require personal attention. Attorney Minka will help you decide which is right for you:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Available to those who have not filed for Chapter 7 in the last eight years
- Results in a discharge or elimination of unsecured debt
- Best alternative for individuals who have a great deal of unsecured debt that exceeds the total amount of annual take-home pay and limited equity and income
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Available to those with a regular source of income and some equity in their home who are facing foreclosure
- An automatic payroll deduction each month will pay creditors
- At the end of program, debts not paid are discharged
Student Loan Debt
Stafford Loans, Parent Plus Loans and other types of student loans now make up more debt in the United States than all credit card debt combined. Student loan debt is very difficult to discharge in bankruptcy; however, we may be able to suggest approaches to making it manageable.
Don’t panic if debt is overwhelming you. Rely on Minka PLC, Law Office when you need help from bankruptcy lawyers in Kalamazoo, MI. Our attorney can work with you to find a practical solution to your monetary issues. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.